If you’re looking for an off-season getaway, IHG has you covered with the latest discount award promotion. Between August 18 – September 6 members can book select IHG Rewards Club hotels in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean at 50% off regular redemption rates. Rates start at just 7,500 points per night These discounted redemption rates are good for travel between September 1 – October 31, 2014.
- Holiday Inn Express hotel Playa del Carmen, Mexico (7,500 points)
- Holiday Inn Express hotel Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (10,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, Mexico (10,000 points)
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Acapulco, Mexico (10,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba (12,500 points)
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman (12,500 points)
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa, Panama (12,500 points)
- Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (15,000 points)
- Intercontinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, Mexico (15,000 points)
- Holiday Inn hotel Cancun Arenas, Mexico (17,500 points)
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All Inclusive, Mexico (17,500 points)
- Intercontinental Presidente Ixtapa Resort, Mexico (25,000 points)
Several of these properties have been included in my Best IHG Rewards Club Redemption series. These are all pretty great options if you’re headed to these areas and looking for cheap award redemptions. The ability to book an all-inclusive resort for 17,500 points per night is an especially great value for your IHG points.
If you’re one of those people who likes to plan their travel around promotions like this, it’s worth noting that between September 7 – November 14 American Airlines offers discounted award redemptions of 35,000 miles round-trip per person. Factoring in the 10% redemption discount offered by the Citi Platinum AAdvantage card, you’re looking at a grand total of 31,500 miles round-trip.
Award redemptions to the Caribbean are discounted to just 25,000 miles round-trip during this period. With the 10% redemption discount, you’re looking at 22,500 miles round-trip per person. These off-peak airline awards are a great value, especially when you’re able to pair them with discounted award redemptions.
I would love to see more hotel chains follow in IHG’s footsteps and offer discounts on award stays during the off-season. It would certainly be convenient for those of you who aren’t tied down by the school calendar or that other thing we call a job. Let’s file that in the pipe dream bucket until such promotions actually come around.
HT: Loyalty Traveler
Subscribe via email for more points, miles and free travel