Here’s something exciting coming from the hotel industry: IHG is offering 50% off award redemptions at select hotels in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. What’s surprising is that some pretty high-end properties are included in the promotion, including three Intercontinental properties:
- InterContinental Presidente Ixtapa Resort, Mexico (50,000 points per night)
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa, Panama (25,000 points per night)
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, Mexico (30,000 points per night)
- Crowne Plaza hotel Acapulco, Mexico (20,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba (25,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman (25,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco, Mexico (20,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All Inclusive, Mexico (35,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (30,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn hotel Cancun Arenas, Mexico (35,000 points per night)
- Holiday Inn Express hotel Playa del Carmen, Mexico (15,000 points per night)
The InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, Mexico has been voted the #5 Cozumel hotel on Tripadvisor and has been listed among the Top 25 Luxury hotels in Mexico.
These discounted awards can be booked between April 20 – May 3 for travel between May 1 – June 12, 2014. If you’re hoping to travel with your family, this falls right before summer break for most people, which isn’t ideal. On the other hand, these dates are ideal for college students (not going to summer school) and those of you who can come and go as you please. You’ll enjoy great weather and fewer crowds.
If you’re short on IHG Rewards points, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards at a 1:1 ratio or buy them at roughly $6.75 per 1,000 points with IHG’s current bonus point promotion. The booking period starts on Sunday, so mark your calendars!
Subscribe via email for more points, miles and free travel