No matter how bad the rewards game gets, there’s always one positive I can count on: The IHG PointBreaks list. This is a quarterly list of hotels that are heavily discounted to 5,000 points per night, which is about as low as hotel redemptions get for premium brands like Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza. IHG has just released a preview of the upcoming list, which will go live on Monday, March 24:
- InterContinental Hotel – Marine Drive Mumbai, India
- InterContinental Hotel – Medellin, Colombia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Zhongguancun, China
- Holiday Inn Hotel San Diego – North Miramar, California, U.S.
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid – Alcorcon, Spain
- Staybridge Suites Salt Lake – West Valley City, Utah, U.S.
- Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, New York, U.S.
This is just a sample, so be sure to check back on Monday for the complete list. The 5,000 point redemptions are valid for stays between March 24 – May 31, which is just in time for Spring Break. Here’s hoping there are plenty of beach destinations on the list. I for one, would not be upset at all if another French Polynesia property showed up this quarter.
If you’re short on IHG points, you can transfer them over from your Ultimate Rewards account or simply purchase points for as little as $7 per 1,000. A stay at an Intercontinental (or any hotel, really) for $35? I’ll take it.
Subscribe via email for more points, miles and free travel